Bees & Wasps
Bees and wasps have a painful sting, producing histamine in the human body which can be life threatening in some cases. It is important to be careful if you identify a bees or wasps in or around your home or business, as bees and wasps aren’t only annoying and harmful to your family, they can also be quite damaging to your home. Bees and Wasps often set up nests, hives or swarms in the cavities of the structures, this can require costly repairs if left for long periods of time. A bee hive is full of honey which can cause considerable damage to your home. A wasp nest in a cavity of your home can eat at the plaster, if you see bubbling in your walls or ceilings don’t poke at it, you may get a nasty surprise.
Have you found bees or wasps in your home?
DO NOT TRY TO TREAT THIS YOURSELF, our licensed, professional pest technicians use personal protective equipment.
Call us NOW on 03 9222 2266 and we can be there today.
Identifying Bees and Wasps:
European Wasps are predominantly black on their front half with yellow markings and yellow on their back half with black stripes and black dots down each side of the abdomen. They can nest in various cavities, walls and ceilings, compost bins, trees or in the ground.
A dull shade of yellow or a golden brown colour with black stripes around their body and black legs. Bees often nest in trees or wall cavities, but can also nest in compost bins and cavities such as old suitcases.
What to do if you have Bees or Wasps in or around your home
- DO NOT TRY TO TREAT THIS YOURSELF, Our licensed, professional pest technicians use personal protective equipment to ensure they do not get stung. Many of our clients have called us from the hospital to treat the problem as they got stung trying to alleviate the problem themselves. It’s not worth it.
- Cautiously try to identify the where the nest hive or swarm is. If you do locate the area stay well clear and remove your pets from the area.
- Keep food sources - especially sugar and protein - inside and secure. Bees and wasps feed on and are attracted to sugar and protein based foods. This includes pet food as well!
Call us now on 03 9222 2266 and we can be there today.
Why Choose Dawson’s Australia
- Quick Same Day / Next Day Service
- Removal of Nest, Hive or Swarm Where Possible
- Treatment to the Nest, Hive or Swarm
- We Provide Safe, Family Friendly Control Methods
- Knowledgeable & Certified Technicians
- Comprehensive Treatments to Control your bees and wasps!
There is currently no content classified with this term.