Fleas are a common household pest especially prevalent when you or neighbouring properties have pets. Flea bites to some people and pets can just be an irritation, but for others the bites can cause an allergic reaction and result in rashes.
A common indication of a flea infestation is if your pets are excessively scratching and grooming themselves. This is caused by the discomfort caused as the adult fleas feed on the pet’s blood. A thorough examination of the pet and its fur should be conducted by the homeowner or veterinarian. People also may experience bites which leave behind itchy marks.
Fleas can also be a challenge for homeowners and tenants who move into a new home which has a pre-existing flea infestation.
Fleas are approximately 2-10mm in length depending on the species. Their bodies are flat and without wings. They can jump great distances. Fleas will emerge from the pupal stage at different temperature, humidity and vibration. The vibrations of a host walking past often trigger the emergence of the adult flea, enabling it to immediately find a host and begin feeding. After feeding on the host, the female flea is ready to mate and lay eggs. Fleas are parasites that feed on the blood of any warm-blooded body. This is how they transfer diseases, as they can transfer hosts between cats, dogs and humans.
What to do if you think you have fleas
Here’s a list of things to do to assist us in controlling a flea infestation within your home:
- Vacuum carpets, furnishings, cracks in the floorboards and upholstered furniture just prior to us arriving and carrying out the treatment, and if possible do not vacuum for a period of 7 days after our treatment.
- Consult a vet and treat your pets as soon as you can, preferably on the same day as our treatment.
- Get professional help. Contact Dawson’s Australia for a complete home flea inspection and treatment. Dawson’s technicians are skilled, experienced professionals – they are state certified, fully licensed and insured applicators and are required to participate in regular training programs to maintain their proficiency as some of the best technicians in the industry. They understand the habits of different types of flea and can offer the most appropriate and effective solution. All our treatments are safe for your family and pets!
Why Choose Dawson’s Australia
- Quick Same Day / Next Day Service
- We Provide Safe, Family Friendly Control Methods
- Knowledgeable & Certified Technicians
- Comprehensive Treatments to Control the Flea Infestation!
There is currently no content classified with this term.