Birds become a problem when they decide to roost or nest in areas of a residence or business where they are unwanted. Birds, droppings and their nesting materials can carry over 60 transmittable diseases and ectoparasites that can be transmitted to other animals and humans. The longer a bird population is left to nest uninvited on your property; the more difficult it becomes to get rid of them. Proactive approaches are best when it comes to dealing with pest birds, as they will save time and unnecessary costs in the long run.
Bird infestations can also bring with them a range of other uninvited pests such as fleas and flies, but most commonly bird mites.
Dawson’s Bird Control and Management Solutions
On a daily basis, there are 4 main species of pest bird that we deal with – Indian Mynas, Sparrows, Pigeons & Starlings.
We can also provide solutions for all other pest bird species such as seagulls, contact us on 03 9222 2266 to discuss your bird requirements.
Bird control and management solutions we commonly use are:
- Bird Spikes
- Bird Netting
- Bird Removal
- Bird Trapping
- Bird Control Agents
- Bird Wire
- Bird Deterrents
- Bird Slopes
- Bird Tracks
- Bird Proofing
Reasons Why Bird Management and Bird Control in Melbourne Is Important
- Birds, droppings and their nesting materials can carry over 60 types of transmittable diseases and ectoparasites that can be passed on to other animals and humans.
- Bird droppings have highly acidic properties that can corrode and stain a building’s structural materials.
- Birds and their droppings can cause contamination to food production and valuable inventory when found nesting in warehouses.
- Regularly cleaning up bird droppings can cost Australian businesses thousands each year.
- Droppings and nesting materials can clog drains and gutters and create a fire risk near lighting fixtures.
- Bird droppings can also be a slip and fall hazard when not cleaned up quickly, which on your business premise could become a costly liability.
It’s important for these reasons that appropriate solutions for bird pest control in Melbourne are quickly established to avoid further costs and exposure to health risks. Remember: Proactive action is best because the longer the pest birds are left to nest, the more difficult they are to get rid of.