Birds can become a nuisance when they choose to nest or roost in unwanted areas of your home or business. Birds, bird droppings and nesting materials can negatively impact our surroundings and carry over 60 diseases which can be passed on to humans and pets. The longer birds are allowed to nest or roost in an unwanted area; the harder it will be to get rid of them. It’s important to take a proactive approach when dealing with pest birds. In the long run, it can save you time and money.
Bird infestations also encourage a range of other pests such as flies and fleas, but the most common is the bird mite.
Dawson’s Bird Control and Management Solutions
There are 4 main pest bird species that we deal with on a day to day basis.
We can also provide solutions for all other pest bird species such as seagulls, contact us on 03 9222 2266 to discuss your bird requirements.
Bird control and management solutions we commonly use are:
- Bird Netting
- Bird Spikes
- Bird Trapping
- Bird Removal
- Bird Control Agents
- Bird Deterrents
- Bird Wire
- Bird Slopes
- Bird Tracks
- Bird Proofing
Main Reasons Why Bird Control and Bird Management in Melbourne Is Important
- Birds, bird droppings and nesting materials carry over 60 transmittable diseases and ectoparasites. Bird droppings are highly acidic and can stain and corrode building materials.
- Birds can contaminate food production and inventory when they nest in warehouses.
- Regular cleanup of bird droppings can cost businesses thousands of dollars every year.
- Bird nests can clog drains and pose a fire risk near lighting or other features.
- Bird droppings can be a liability by creating a slip and fall risk.
The longer birds are allowed to nest or roost in an unwanted area; the harder it will be to get them to leave. It’s important to take a proactive approach when dealing with pest birds.